Monday, April 15, 2013

March empties

I know this is a long due post but I've been very busy because of the tax season. I didn't use up a lot of full size products this month but I managed to finish up a lot of samples.


Mamonde Flower Vitamin Massage: I always have problem finishing up massage cream especially this one. This has too much fragrance in it and I hate the floral smell. The first few times I enjoyed it but after a while I hated the scent so it took me over a year to finish this massage cream. I would buy other massage creams but not this one.

Biotherm Aquasource: I hate this cream. I don't hate the smell but there is something in the formula that caused serious breakouts on my skin. I ended up using it as a body lotion.

Nuskin clay pack: I love this clay pack. It's a non drying clay mask that doesn't irritate my cheeks. I would definitely repurchase it. 

Clinique clarifying lotion 2: It's a clarifying toner that I've been using on and off for several years. This is not my regular toner but I do use it when my skin is acting up. I always have a bottle of this toner at home.

Etude House Moistful toner and emulsion: These do not provide enough hydration to my skin.  I've tried using them in place of the Sulwhasoo toner and emulsion during my regular skin care routine and they left my skin super dry. I didn't notice the difference on my skin on the first day but after using it for several days, I noticed my skin getting dehydrated. I guess I'm too old for Etude house skin care products.

Yu-bi Moisturizing cream: There are good reviews about this cream on Sephora but I hate it. It didn't absorb into my skin. I left a waxy layer on my skin and it didn't smell nice. 

Regene Smoothy White concentrate: It is a non greasy sunscreen but it does leave a white cast on your face. If you have pale skin, this isn't a problem for you. This is still one of the sunscreen I repurchase once in a while.


Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Deep Pore Cleanser: This is a bubble cleanser, you spread a layer on your skin and it turns into bubble then you start to rub it and clean your face. You can use it as your make up remover as well but I wouldn't trust anything other than my cleansing oil or cleansing balm for removing make up. There are other bubble cleanser/masks on the market so I don't think I'll repurchase it.

Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask: I love peel off masks. Like all peel off masks, it brightens your complexion and removes dirt from your pores and also remove fine facial hair. This one has an amazing ginseng scent to it. I still have a few samples packs that would last me several times but I will buy it. 

Fancl Washing Powder: This is still one of my favourite face wash. I find this being the best washing powder in the market. It's not readily available in Canada and that's the only reason why I stopped using it. 

Lancome Visionnaire serum: The alcohol scent is just too strong in this serum. After I apply it on my skin all I could smell was alcohol. There are other better serums out there for me to choose from. Not going to buy it.

Nature Republic fresh aqua serum: For the price it's quite good as a hydrating serum but not readily available in Canada. Again there are other serums I want to test out so I don't think I'll buy it.

Elishacoy Snail Cream: I love this cream. It worked wonders to my skin. I used it when I was having minor breakouts and it helped calm the pimples and redness on my skin. I like it so much I am considering switching to the snail skin care line during the summer.

The Face Shop White tree snow serum: It did nothing to my skin. It was heavily fragrant and I don't like it. Not a product I would consider buying.

Julep one step polish remover pads: I like these little pads. They are convenient so I would probably buy some.

Tymes agave nectar body lotion: The samples was so small I couldn't test out the product properly. 


Sally Hansen Raidiant hands, nails and cuticles: I find it too greasy and non absorbant.

Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Puree Body Lotion: I know I shouldn't be using this in March and should save it for the summer but I wanted to finish it quickly so I used it in the wrong month. It would be perfect for the summer as it cools your skin but using it during winter means that it's not hydrating enough. 

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia cream: I love this body cream. I love the scent and I think it'll be a splurge when I get my bonus and tax refund later this month. 

Burts Bee lotion: Another non absorbing lotion. I still have a few samples of these I need to get rid of. 


Benefit that gal primer: It brightens my complexion and I got it at a great price so I still have one or two at home. 

Mereadessco lip balm: I don't like this lip balm, it's not hydrating and it does nothing to my lips. It was so hard to finish this product as it did nothing to my lips. 

Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes: I'm normally not picky about face wipes but these face wipes I find them drying and couldn't remove all make up on my face. 

Selena cotton pads: I love these cotton pads and they can be split into 5 layers for lotion masks. I already found a place that sells them cheaper than J town so I will get them next time I head out. 

What products have you used up lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment